The purpose of this document is to describe a way of processing OLAP cube using SQL Server Agent job. This method uses SQL Server Analysis command with XMLA script to process the Cube. It is a way where we can automate the Cube processing without SSIS package development & deployment.
2. Steps to create a Job for processing Cube:
i. Connect to SQL Server Analysis Service instance where your cube resides that need to be processed.
ii. Right click on the Cube that need to process then Process:
iii. It will open the Process Cube Window:
iv. Click on Script down arrow button and select “Script Action to Clipboard”:
v. Once scripting done successfully, Below will be the progress status:
vi. Connect SQL Server Database Engine instance. Go to SQL Server Agent then Job folder.
vii. Right Click on the Jobs folder and click New Job:
viii. It will open wizard to create job. Give the name of the Job:
ix. Click on steps then New. Provide the below details for the Job steps:
· Step Name : Cube Processing
· Type : SQL Server Analysis Services Command
· Run as : SQL Agent Service Account or proxy account
· Server : Name of the Server where Cube resides
· Command : Paste the code from Clipboard using paste button.